1 gigabit cabling

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by robert kidwell posted 16 Oct 2002
 1 gigabit cabling
could you tell me what the standard pinouts are for 1 gigabit cabling.
I have noticed your cabling for gigabit but was wondering the layout for both crossover and straight through were ?
Many thanks.
 Answer by Dmitri Abaimov posted 16 Oct 2002
Dear Robert ,

Since straight-through is always the same, we've only published Gigabit crossover.

For straight-through cable use T568B-T568B from here: http://www.cabling-design.com/references/pinouts/t568ab.shtml

For crossover use this:http://www.cabling-design.com/references/pinouts/1000base_t_crossover.shtml

Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...