568-A or 568-B?

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Tim Strayer posted 07 Nov 2001
 568-A or 568-B?

I realize that most answers to this question are 'it does not matter which wiring standard you use as long as you are consistent'. Do you agree with that? Or do you believe that residential applications should be pinned out using 568-A and commercial wiring pinouts are 568-B?
 Answer by Roman Kitaev posted 08 Nov 2001

Residential cabling according to the TIA/EIA-570-A standard shall be done as 568A pinout.

Commercial wiring according to the TIA/EIA-568 standard may be done in both ways.

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...