cable and telephone FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Greg Rice posted 22 Jul 2005
 cable and telephone
Some how my provider "Cox Cable" gets television, internet and telephone on the cable.
My house is wired with rg6 but the techs at cox cable tell me that in order to get telephone too, I will have to run another/diferent cable.
What is this diferent cable?
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 23 Jul 2005
Dear Greg,

There are many types of RG6.......I think you have to ask them or maybe they are refering to Unshilded Twisted Pair (UTP) cable from a brakout convertor for the telephone services. Why not just ask them what you need?

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...