|Backboard for wiring closet|
|Here are some recommendations for backboard design:|
* Backboard should be AC-grade plywood with a minimum thickness of 19 mm (0,75 in).
* It should be void-free and treated with two coats of fire-resistant paint.
* Use flush hardware and supports to mount plywood.
* Allow a clear space of 125 - 150 mm (5 in - 6 in) above and below the top and bottom of the connecting hardware for cable handling.
* In corners, a minimum side clearance of 300 mm (12 in) is recommended.
|Back to Designer's Tips|