rj45 to rj11

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Kyle Spiller posted 06 Sep 2004
 rj45 to rj11
Hi, I want to know if you can covert an rj45 lead to a rj11 type to connect hardware without damaging the wire.
I have read the other questions replies about the rj11 to rj45 conversion but didn`t understand if it will work the other way around.
I live in the uk and it will need to connect from an rj45 into a rj11 connector on a adsl modem.
Thanks for your time,
yours sincerely
Kyle Spiller
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 08 Sep 2004
Dear Kyle,
The easiest way to do this is to use an RJ-45 to RJ-45 female coupler and an RJ-11 to RJ-11 cord. You should be able to pick these up in your local Radio Spares shop. This will not cause any damage to either cable

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...