Type TC cable

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Victor DeRosa posted 12 Aug 2004
I came across a buried cable on a job. The cable stated on it " Type TC cable ". What does this mean. Is it telephone cable, tray cable, or something else.
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 13 Aug 2004
Dear Victor,

Check out this link about TC Cable. From looking at the specs it is a larger AWG then would be normally used for telecommunications and the spec sheet lists a varity of uses and applications.


Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...