residential plenum cabling FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by dave anderson posted 13 Aug 2002
 residential plenum cabling
In a wood frame house, the return air is often between a pair of joists with a metal or cardboard cover. Would running cat5 in this space require plenum rated cables ?
 Answer by Dmitri Abaimov posted 05 Dec 2002
Dear Dave,

You should use plenum-rated cable any time it is being used in an inaccessible area with moving air, such as the one you've mentioned.

Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...

Please rate this page

Rating: Average rating: Ratings
BadFineGoodVery GoodExcellent