AC power in enclosure FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by joe elliott posted 13 Oct 2001
 AC power in enclosure
Hi! I'm building a new home, and installing a structured media system to prewire for a 100MB LAN. How can I get a power strip inside a built-in enclosure (to power HUB/Switch) and make sure I'm within code? Also, any suppliers other that Leviton for this type equipment? Thanks in advance.
 Answer by Roman Kitaev posted 15 Oct 2001
Hi, Joe!

Many residential wiring enclosure manufacturers provide power strips inside their products.

Visit those links for more info:

You also may consider purchasing our "Residential Cabling Guide" at

It contains a lot of useful information for wiring your home and making it a Smart Home.

Best regards,
Roman Kitaev, RCDD
Get the "Residential Cabling Guide" at

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...