cheap home phone network FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by balou nguyen posted 24 May 2000
 cheap home phone network
Is it possible to modify one end of a cat-5 cable rj45 male with an rj11 so you can use your house's existing phone line for a network?
 Answer by Roman Kitaev posted 25 May 2000
Hi, Balou!

I think that you need an adapter for doing this transition.

Please search some websites of online vendors like or The search string should be something like "RJ-11 adapter" or "Rj-45 adapter".

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...