Leviton patch panel

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by James Rutter posted 14 Mar 2006
 Leviton patch panel
Hi, I am in the process of cabling a network in my brother's business to help him save some money and have one question. I am using 568b on the leviton quick port jacks and at the patch panel i need to know if i follow the color codes on the 110 type connectors on the back side of the panel is that 568a or 568b?

Thank you in advance

 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 15 Mar 2006
Dear James,

You did not mention what brand or model # of Patch Panel you are using. In any case the color code used (T568A or B) should be marked on the strip and either be reversible or some manufacturers provide a 2nd strip with the other color code to make them universal. Most of the ones that I have seem that are on a 110 Straight clip are T568B. Years ago some manufacturers used a different color of printed circuit boards to indicate T568A or B and there were no other markings so be careful.
I would cut one circuit down now and test if the markings are not there.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...