Coverter FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Luis Alonso Alvarez posted 19 Feb 2006
Please, I would like to know what vendor has a rj11 in one end, and rj45 in the other end converter.
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 20 Feb 2006
Dear Luis Alonso,

There is more to it then just that but I know of no vendor that make such a cord. You should be able to use a modular cord with an RJ-11 plug at both ends and insert into the 8 pin modular jack at one end. Pair 1 of the 8 pin modular jack (commonly but incorrectly refered to as an RJ-45) will correctly align with pair 1 of the RJ-11.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...