rj11 to rj45

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by stephen sterritt posted 08 Feb 2006
 rj11 to rj45
i recently got broadband into the house.
the modem is a usb one and only has an rj11 connector on it, to go into the phone sockets.
this is fine but i recently got a router so i could network my computer together to chare the connection. the router only has rj45 connectors on it. is there any convertors out there that would enable me to plug an rj45 cable into my rj11 modem socket???
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 09 Feb 2006
Dear stephen,

No there is not, as these are two different types of signals.

One things you could do is have your PC connect to the modem (as originally) and then have your PC "share" this broadband connection to others in the networks (but your PC will have to be on).

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...