RJ-11 Ethernet jack

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Glenn Elliott posted 29 Nov 2005
 RJ-11 Ethernet jack
I received two "Book PC" computers that each have Ethernet and 56K modem on the motherboard. However, the manufacturer did not use an RJ-45 jack for Ethernet, but an RJ-11 double jack with one for the modem and the other for Ethernet. From the answer to another question (http://www.cabling-design.com/helpdesk/answers/1054.shtml), it seems that I can use an RJ-45 double female adapter and an RJ-11 (male-to-male) cable to connect to a standard Ethernet cable, but can I use an RJ-11 telephone cable or do I need a special RJ-11 cable? I have looked for an RJ-45 female to RJ-11 male adapter without success. Thank you.
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 05 Dec 2005
Dear Glenn,

Sorry, but I cannot location any technical information on these units. What you are asking is not standard. My only recommendation is to contact them direct at 1-888-050-BOOK

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...