Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Richard Clauss posted 04 Nov 2005
Where can i go to get certified as a cat5e/cat6 cable installer in the uk. I have recently moved from South Africa to the uk. Is there a diffarent tool needed for cat6 as supposed to cat5e tools (krone tool/punchdown tool).

thank you
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 06 Nov 2005
Dear Richard,

Most category 6 products use the same punch tool as their category 5e product.

If you are looking for a particular manufacturer to be certified in, you will need to contact them. For a general certification I would look into the BICSI Installer program.

Here is a link to their web page, please contact the regional director for their training schedule.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...