Question by jane carter posted 28 Oct 2005
| m&s intercom|
|everything works properly on newly installed DMC1, except you can press talk & listen for someone at the door which works except when youlet up to listen, there is a loud buzz. how can we get rid of it?|
Answer by Joseph Golan posted 28 Oct 2005
I'm not familiar with this line but did a web search and found them at:
They have a number of user manuals available on line for the DMC1 at:
I looked into their troubleshooting guide at
and found on the top of page 3 the following:
AUDIBLE OSCILLATION OR HUM
• Room station and or patio connectors are terminated
• Short on intercom station cable runs.
• Equipment or cable runs to close to AC lines.
• Master is not on a dedicated 120 Volt 15 amp breaker.
• Possible defective master.
• Possible defective transformer.
If this list is exhausted, I would contact them directly at
They also have a link to a support forum on the contact page.
Joseph Golan, RCDD
Click here to see the expert's profile