demarkation FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Charles Mata posted 27 Aug 2005
outdoor 100 pair 24awg.outside coming inside building do you need protector modules and change cable to plenum or riser rated to meet standards..customer has IDF 150 ft. inside building and I think he must meet Bld codes?
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 28 Aug 2005
Dear Charles,

OSP cable protection is to be installed as close as possible to the point of entry. OSP cable cannot extend more then 15M (50 feet) into a building unless run in Rigid conduit. Please contact the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) to get further information on the adoption of code in that local and for a final say in these matters.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...