making audio patch cable FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Robbie Hewitt posted 18 Aug 2005
 making audio patch cable
I'd like to run the tape output from one receiver to another's Aux. or tape input. They are about 100' apart. Should I use Twisted pair? Coax? What cable would you suggest for this use?
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 18 Aug 2005
Dear Robbie,

As the connectors are most likely RCA type jacks, a coaxial cable or a shielded pair is best suited. Use a heavy guage cable (min 22 AWG) to limit the loss due to the extreme length.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...