Plenum Code Reference FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Steven Deanda posted 12 Aug 2005
 Plenum Code Reference
Would you happen to know the actual code number in the NEC that defines what is acceptable cabling in a plenum space as well as any exceptions?
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 12 Aug 2005
Dear Steven,

I could not say there is one specific section as Section 800 is Communications, 810 is Radio & TV, 820 is CATV, etc. So you may have to look in various sections to get your full answer. If you arwe talking about the ratings used for communication like cat 5e etc, then look at 800-50 and 800-51 dfor a starting pont. Any exceptions will be noted there as well.

In plenum spaces this cable a Type CMP.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...