RJ-11 to speaker connection

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by Richard Hollum posted 10 Aug 2005
 RJ-11 to speaker connection
Probably stupid question: I have a phone with an RJ-11-like output outlet for a headset. It's not a headset I want to connect, but a speaker, since the phone's own speakerphone quality is not good enough. I'd like to use a plain speaker set for computers. Is there some kind of cable or converter allowing me to plug a normal speaker cable into the RJ-11 outlet?

 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 10 Aug 2005
Dear Richard,

The level that is normally supplied as an output for a headset is very low and would require amplification and impedence matching. As far as I can tell there is no standard adapter for what you are trying to achieve.

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...