Cable broadband router FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by John Kim posted 27 Jul 2005
 Cable broadband router

I am currently using DSL through comcast CABLE company and renting a router from them. However, I have my own a router that was used for telephone company DSL. Is there any way to convert cable jack to RJ11? If so, I do not have to rent the router and use my telephone router.

Thank you
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 28 Jul 2005
Dear John,

These are two differnt type of signals. Ther units are not overly expensive, typically $30-100 depending on features and options

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...