wireing cat5e cable

Cabling-Design.com FREE cabling and networking Helpdesk
 Question by danny stevens posted 26 Feb 2005
 wireing cat5e cable
i want to run cat5e cable from my telephone box outside my home to a room i have my computer in. can you tell me the wireing diagram i should use when connecting to the box outside?
 Answer by Joseph Golan posted 14 Mar 2005
Dear danny,

For a home (reasidence), the standards call for you to use T568A. See above Resources|References|Pin Layouts for the color coding of the pairs

Joseph Golan, RCDD

Click here to see the expert's profile
Back to the current page of questions | Back to all the questions
Back to Cabling-Design.com HELPDESK | Ask your question
Residential Cabling Guide

Home Cabling Guide

Finally, an instantly downloadable book that saves you thousands in home improvement dollars! Enjoy living in 21st century technology-advanced home while increasing its selling value and competitive advantage on the real estate market. Whether your cabling is for home office or high-tech leisure, you can wire your home yourself or learn "wirish" to speak with your cabling contractors in their language!

Learn more ...

Please rate this page

Rating: Average rating: 1 1 Ratings
BadFineGoodVery GoodExcellent